Saturday 24 March 2007

Showtime

I can't believe over three weeks have gone by since my last post. I was excited to get a comment on my last blog from Tin Tin BlogDog who lives in Adelaide. Thanks Tin Tin. You can visit his cool site at http://tintinblogdog.blogspot.com/ Also, if you visit Dogs With Blogs (link below on right) during March and scroll down you will see a great photo of Tin Tin swimming.

Probably the biggest news is that I have been to some dog shows for the first time in six months. We had three shows over one long weekend - all together they were called the Autumn International Shows and were run in conjunction with a big Animal Expo which had Dr. Harry as one of the VIP's. The shows were held in an enormous pavilion which was really noisy and it was strange being put through our paces on carpeted concrete instead of on green grass. There were lots of Cavaliers there but I manged to win 3rd place in my class on the first day, 1st on the second day and 2nd on the third day. The best part was getting lots of attention and pats from the people who came to visit us at the show. Jenny took lots of photos of other people's dogs but she couldn't take any of me because she was in the ring with me.

The worst thing about the show weekend was that I must have picked up a germ which upset my tummy and gave me runny poos and a dirty bottom. Jenny put me up on the grooming table to clean me up and then gave me some horrible medicine which was supposed to make me better. (I did get better, but it tasted revolting). As a warning to all other dogs here is a photo of the medicine. If you see any humans with it I'd advise you to hide. It is called Peptosyl.






And here is a photo of me sitting on the grooming table, all unsuspecting, before I was given the medicine.
That's all for this time. I'll try and post again soon.
Woof woof.
















8 comments:

Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Hey Marcus, thanks for the shout-out on your post!

Congrats at winning in all those comps, you must be very talented indeed.

Me, I wouldn't have the attention span...'cos I was never asked to have any. Hee hee hee.

And oh, those humans, they foist some terrible things on us poor unsuspecting innocents. Glad you're better anyway.

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Ooooh poor pup! I hate medicine too. Thanks for the heads up!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Bella said...

Hi Marcus,
How are you now? Hope all is well & your show career is going well - I hope you post again soon.
Wuffs
Bella

Lindy said...

Wow! You really ARE a pretty dog. I've never won an award before, that's pretty impressive. But, I can climb trees so I guess I'll just be happy with that.

Nice blog...

Love,

Rowan
another dog with a blog

Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Hi Marcus,

I Just stopped by to say howdy and see what you have been up to.

I hope you are well!

Best Regards,

Chuck

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I'm sorry you had stomach problems. They are not good at all! Woooo!

Willow the Black Dale said...

Hi there Marcus! I am a black Airedale from Michigan. I have a sister who is a Tri-Color Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She is the prissy girl in our house, but we love her anyway!
I can't believe you live in the hills of Adelaide. My mommies best friend is moving to Adelaide on May 7th. Mommy is very sad because she will be gone for 3 years. We are going to visit them next summer...I wonder if that "we" includes me? Anyway, great meeting you.
Here's barking at ya!
Willow

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcus, I was soo glad i came across your site, there's not many cavalier sites. Hope you come back to the blogging world.

lots of licks


xox