Thursday 1 March 2007

First Day of Autumn

Today is the first day of Autumn in Australia, not that you'd know because the temperatures are still in the high 30's (centigrade) and it still feels like summer. It is also VERY dry. We are having one of the worst droughts ever and because of water restrictions Jenny is not allowed to water the back lawn except for one day on the weekend. So our lovely green playground is mostly dry and dusty and all the grass is gradually drying off and disappearing. I hope it all comes back when we finally get some rain.

I have been looking at some of the sites on Dogs With Blogs and lots of them have heaps of photos so I told Jenny we need more photos on my blog. Jenny takes lots of photos but they are often for the photo library, for special occasions or for other people. Yesterday she was busy taking photos to submit to a jigsaw publisher and some of them were of my daughter, Dizzy, so I asked her if I could have one of them in my blog and here it is.


Dizzy is 15 months old and she didn't mind posing with all those cute fluffy toys. She didn't mind the extra treats she got for doing so either!! Here's a couple more photos of Dizzy taken 12 months ago when she was just a cute little pup. She's got one ear inside out in the first photo.



Dizzy's show name is 'Cooinda Dizzy Miss Lizzie' but her call name is Dizzy because she was a bit of a whirlrwind when she was a pup. She has won some prizes in the show ring and has been awarded quite a few points towards her Australian Champion title. At home she loves sniffing around the backyard and gets so engrossed in what she is doing that she forgets to listen when Jenny calls us all. Then, when she suddenly realises the rest of us have gone inside she will whirl around and tear inside with her ears flapping, her tongue out and a big laughing smile on her face.

I've just found another photo of Dizzy in Jenny's files. This one is not so flattering and shows her wearing her drying coat after having a bath on the day before a show. She is also wearing her snood ready for tea.


I've enjoyed putting all these photos in my blog (with Jenny's help) so I think I will introduce you to other members of our family over the next few weeks. But for now, I just have time to go outside for a run and a game before bed, so "Woof Woof" until my next blog.

1 comment:

Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Woohooo, your daughter is quite the diva, Marcus.

Get your ma to post photos of you soon, okay?

This is my first time to your smelly blogplace. Nice to meet you.

Drop by mine anytime you like, it's at tintinblogdog.blogspot.com. I live in Adelaide, where in SA are you?

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo