Sunday 14 January 2007

Time Goes By

Time goes by when you're having fun! Not that we've been doing anything special but Jenny has been rather busy and hasn't had time to help me with my Blog.

My best mate, Bentley has been away for the last week. He has two homes and although he spends most of his time here, he visits his other home from time to time. His canine mum and dad and uncle live at his other home with their special person, Sharon. I miss having him around and I think he misses me although he's able to do some special things in his other home, like sleeping on the bed with Sharon and the other three Cavaliers. They have a double bed so there's plenty of room for them all. Our Special Person, Jenny, only has a single bed so she only has room for one bed dog, Lexie and also Topaz, who is a cat!

There are, in fact, two cats living here with us! Topaz is cream and brown Balinese female and Minta is a black male. They actually get on quite well with all the dogs in the house and don't mind curling up with us in front of the heater on a cold night. If any of the youngsters try to take too many liberties with the cats they are soon put back in their place with a hiss and a smack on the nose.

We've had quite a bit of really hot weather recently and on hot days we mostly just lie around on the cool lino with the air conditioner on. Then, once the sun has gone and it's cooled down a bit we go outside for a long run and play time. We are usually allowed to stay up later on these nights after our inactive day and often don't go to bed until after 9.30 instead of our usual bedtime of 8.30.

Two of our girls, Shirani and Shelley, have been in isolation for the last two and a half weeks and the rest of us haven't been allowed to see them. Sometimes when this happens I am taken in to visit one of the girls for some special fun and games, but that didn't happen this time, even though I suggested it to Jenny every day.

We had two extra people in the house for three days this week. Jenny's niece and nephew, Rachael (aged 11) and Mitchell (aged 6) came to stay. They like playing with us and helping to feed us. Mitchell especially likes putting our snoods on for meals and taking them off afterward. Rachael often grooms us and on Thursday she took me out on my own on a lead for a walk. We did some show training and then she led me around a circle of tree stumps and I jumped on and off them for her. It was good fun and she gave me lots of reward treats for being so good.

Well, Jenny says it's well past my bed time so that's it for today.

No comments: