Tuesday 2 January 2007

My First Blog!

Being a well bred, Champion Cavalier (of Royal descent) I have decided it's time I joined the technological revolution and became a 'blogger'. My key boarding skills are not outstanding so I will be helped out in this area by OSP (our special person), Jenny, and I will also be using her computer.

I will start by telling you a bit about myself. I was born in New South Wales and when I was 10 weeks old Jenny visited my breeders and chose me to take back to South Australia. She says her first memory of me is when my breeders put me and my brothers in a puppy pen and I immediately escaped before they closed the door!

After I was chosen I was put in a blue and white airline crate with some soft bedding and a toy and taken away in a car with Jenny and her friend. After what seemed like a long time we stopped and I was taken to a big shed. Jenny gave me a drink of water and sprayed some stuff in my mouth to help me stay calm. She told me I was going on a plane and that she would be on the same plane and would pick me up at the other end.

It all happened as she said, but it took a long time and was a bit scary when I was in the plane because it made a lot of noise. Eventually the plane stopped and I was taken to another shed by a friendly man who talked to me and patted me with his fingers through the bars on the crate door. Jenny and her friend soon arrived to collect me and I was taken to another car for another long drive.

When the car stopped Jenny said we were at my new home. I was let out to run around in a big grassy yard and given a drink and something to eat. The other Cavaliers who were to become my family and friends made quite a bit of noise when we arrived but I didn't meet them until the next day.

Since that day in September 2004, I have had lots of fun and adventures and I will tell you some of them in future blogs. I have been trained as a show dog and have been awarded the title of Champion because of my good performances in the show ring. Going to shows is good fun, but most of all I like being home, racing around in the yard and playing with my best mate, Bentley and the other Cavaliers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look foward to reading more of your adventures. My name is Rusty and I am also a King Charles Cavalier. I am not a show dog, nor have I been trained to be one, all though I am a pure breed.